triste vida la del carretero que anda por esos caƱaverales, sabiendo que su vida es un destierro, se alegra con sus cantares

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

awww...

innat nice. feeling all warm and fuzzy in a web 2.0 kind of way having been asked to post my photos to a Forest Hill pool on Flickr, and been led into a pleasant little corner full of local love.

And earlier this evening I had the kind of experience I don't have too much any more. put Laurie Anderson's Big Science on the office stereo and, realising I had never really listened to it properly, listened to it again while cycling home. I suppose the endorphins and the slanting evening sunshine had something to do with it, but the combination of hearing all the sounds through headphones and the words properly, with all the joyce-ian mucking about wrapping up oblique lyrical (and can we call them timeless after 25 years and unforeseeable revolutions in information technology?) commentaries on the ache of modern life, geopolitics, the subconscious, suddenly had scales falling from my eyes, vistas falling open in front of me, jolts of amazement and recognition.

It's almost embarrassing to admit this - it's a classic album after all, containing a top ten hit. But there we go, sometimes things can just sneak up from leftfield and surprise you.

And then, in the middle of a residential street, I saw this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home